Eagle Scout rifle

Fireman179

Ever since I became a eagle scout I have been eyeing the Henry eagle scout commeritive rifle. I just don't know if it's worth the asking price. How well made are henrys commeritive rifles? Shoot it or not? I just can't decide.

Henry's are well-made & smooth operating rifles, meant to shoot - even the Eagle Scout Commemorative.

The Henry ES Commemorative's the same as standard Henry GB's, with a different/fancied receiver cover and a bit nicer wood, IIRC. Otherwise, the internals, etc, are identical.

If I wanted an Eagle Scout Commemorative for an Eagle Scout, to keep/look at & never shoot, I'd look online for an unfired/NIB Winchester 9422 Eagle Scout (below).

LQG1-H-F2C-L.jpg

Congratulations on making Eagle. It's a great accomplishment. As to the Henry, I've never fired one of their commemoratives, but I've handled and shot their other lever rifles. They're fine little guns, accurate, durable, we're quite pleased with them.

That seems like the kind of gun a grandfather buys for his Eagle Scout grandson; not something a scout would buy to actually use. But, whatever winds your clock...

Back