EAA Witness??

legacy38

I've seen this gun mentioned in a lot of post on this forum and others.

I want to know how trustworthy this gun is. Would you bet your children's life on it?

What I'm looking for is a good .45 ACP in DA/SA. I want at least a 4" barrel. I would also like a single stack mag.

I own a 45ACP Witness and it has never been reliable (but it's EXTREMELY accurate). However, with a 38 Super top it's been flawless.

I have two 9mm frames and they're great, but I believe I'd buy something else based on what you asked (Beretta Cougar, Sig 220, Taurus 945, or best of all, a Ruger P90/97).

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"

Check out the CZ-97 in .45 ACP (another thread).

Here's a link to a good CZ page: http://www.czub.cz/PISTOLA.HTM

CZ_97B-m.jpg

It seems like half the time, a little bit of tweaking is required to make them reliable. I just bought a full size steel 9mm witness, and I am really impressed with the pistol. It is very accurate, feels good in hand, points naturally, and with that extra weight of being all-steel, recoils like a pussycat, making accurate rapid-fire a cinch. There is a post called "What the F? Witness feeding problems" that I started that will tell you what I did and others did to get their Witnesses shooting like CHAMPS!

Legacy 38
Check out the Ruger P-97 .45acp. This gun will shoot any ammo and is very accurate and very reliable. Single stack, holds 8 rds and the barrel is 4 1/4" long. I can't say enough good things about this gun. Price is very reasonable too.
Rod Black

I have a witness 10mm, and other then one magazine which has trouble feeding, I have yet to have a single failure to feed and fire. To date I have now shot 3107 rnds out of it. This includes several 300 rnd sessions at the range without cleaning or messing with it at all. Do I trust it? My 10mm is my truck carry gun. I trust my life to it! Also mine has never once been in a shop or had any work done to it.

The 10mm is great, get a witness.

Back