EAA Witness--steel, polymer, or PS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwinnydapooh

Retired Screen Name
OK, I want a Witness in .45. I like the steel version a lot. Haven't handled the "P" model with polymer frame yet, and I'm not sure what the PS model is, quite frankly. http://www.eaacorp.com didn't provide much information on what the PS is other than customer testimonials about how wonderful it feels. I'm willing to believe the ergonomics are great after feeling the steel version but what are the differences that set these three versions apart? Is the polymer model different in any other important ways? The PS model looks like it has soft rubber grip panels--could that be the difference they're talking about?
Thanks!

------------------
Don

"Its not criminals that go into schools and shoot children"
--Ann Pearston, British Gun Control apologist and moron

Steel is stronger. Polymer is lighter.
If you intend to carry on the hip for
many hours, polymer will make your life
easier. I suspect that is one of the main reasons law enforcement "loves" Glocks and stuff..
If you want pistol for "civil" duty (home defence, target practice), and do not intend to be a heavy-duty pistol carrier, take steel. That is my simple logic.
But I'll take all-steel pistol in preference
to polymer version anytime, I'm old fashioned
guy with engineering background....those
numbers and strength test results do not lie,
you know...

I have a 10MM witness, which has the same frame (steel) as your 45. All I can say about my 10mm is it is built like a tank, and is extremely accurate and fun to shoot. Excellent trigger both sa/da right out of the box and easy recoil for the 10mm cartraige. I bought it with the intent of getting a 45 slide some day, but I think I will just get another 45, they are cheap enough not to really worry about. I agree with the previous post, I would go for the steel for general use.

Good luck

pete

Peter, if you want a .45, HS posted a link to this place: http://hitman.webprovider.com/cguns.htm
where they're clearing out EAA's. They have the fullsize .45s in blue finish for $235!! The slides are $225--you're right, it just ain't worth it. I don't have a Witness yet but when I do it'll be one of theirs.

------------------
Don

Have a full-size steel 45ACP. Extremely accurate with any round I've fed it, BUT the POS is NOT reliable with any round. I've tried every bullet weight and configuration from 165gLSWC to 230gFMJ-RN, and everything in-between. Every possible OAL. Still not reliable. Jams, brass back in the face, you name it. Just too accurate to dump.

So I got a 38 Super longslide with EAA Supersight. Gun is 100% reliable with everything I feed it, and very accurate.

Go figure. Like it, keeping it.

Got a Caspian 1911 in 45, so I'm still shootin'!

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"

More clearly: MOUNTED the 38 Super top end on the 45 frame.

(Own two small frames, have barrels and/or top ends in 9x19, 9x21, 40S&W, 41AE. I like Witnesses.)

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"

WeShoot2, did EAA make any effort to fix it? They claim on the website that their warranty covers all defects of workmanship for the life of the gun--sure sounds like you got a defective one to me. If that's their level of service I'm not as sure I want one . . .

------------------
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back