EAA Witness Carry Comp 10mm Who has one?

EAA Carry Comp

I had a Witness .40 compact with the wonderfinish. At the time I bought it I looked at blued carry comp in 10mm and it was between those two.

CARRY COMP

The comp had a loose sloopy fit with a large gap between the comp and the slide.

The extended guide rod did not fit well in the comp and the comp could be moved/rotated side to side a little.

The blued finish on EAA's weapons, in my opinion are somewhat sketchy. Inconsistant bluing and the inside of the gun was not protected.

On the other hand, the comp seemed well machined and the port was large.

The gun felt excellent in my hand. All EAA/Tanfoglio/IMI pistols do.

The one I saw had a very nice adjustible rear sight on it milled into the slide. It looked like a Bomar copy.

The main reason I chose the .40 compact over the carry was the finish. The wonderfinish seemed very tough and covered the pistol much more evenly then the bluing. The inside of the pistol seemed finished/coated better. Also, on these pistols, the trigger seemed much better on the compact.

It should be noted that I do not have the EAA anymore. I sold it to save up some for my SIG. I now have a SIG P239 in 357SIG. And although I believe the SIG to be a far superior weapon in most respects, for $300.00 the EAA line is a great deal.

jason

Jason,
I have the same gun, only it is a blue gun. I think they are great guns....highly under rated. Jim Hall

While I don't have the comp'ed version, I do have a compact 10mm Witness in Wonderfinish. I love it!! I've owned both a Glock M20 and a Delta Elite and the Witness is still my favorite 10mm. I especially like the Condition One carry option.

Also, the caliber conversion options are another selling point. I plan to acquire the .38Super conversion assembly soon. The compact models are convertible from 10mm to .38Super and .45ACP at this time.

As for holsters, I just got a hand boned leather holster (similar in style to a Yaqui slide) and double mag pouch from Fist Inc. - http://www.fist-inc.com - and am quite pleased with both the craftsmanship and the price.

Back