EAA Witness 45 Std

plateshooter

There is this pistol that keeps calling my name at my local gun shop. It's the EAA Witness in .45 with the "wonder finish". I would appreciate anyone's experience with this gun before I take the plunge.
Thanks

------------------
Good shootin to ya
Plateshooter

My personal blue 45 is so accurate that I kept it, but it has never been a reliable feeder, regardless of ammo.
I know other shooters who enjoy perfect reliability with theirs.

I put a 38 Super long-slide with EAA sights on the 45 frame and BINGO! 100% reliable.

I like my Witnesses.

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"

Plate, as usual, I'm going to start controversy, but who gives a F. I have a Witness 9 and have shot my friends Witness 45 as well as a few other Tanfoglio CZ clones. Having said that, I have shot and own much higher-priced guns (Sigs, HK's, etc, including a highly customized, $2000 Wilson). When you look past the price, the reputation, the name on the gun, and all the lore and hype surrounding it, you'll often times find that shooting qualities of the gun don't always justify the extra cost of the higher priced guns. The lower priced ones sometimes work just as well. What I'm getting at is the Tanfoglios I have shot have all been utterly reliable (some after a quick and cheap spring fix), smooth, and absolute pleasures to shoot. When I shot the Wilson (considered by many to be the pinnacle of handgundom), I didn't see or feel any discernible difference. I didn't c*m when I shot the gun. ;) The bullets ended up pretty much in similar, well placed clusters and both were easy to put and keep on target. I've only put 100 rounds through the Wilson (seeing as to how it isn't mine, but rather a rich friend's), and I'm sure it would do 3" at 50 yards from a Ransom Rest, but freehand, neither gun had the advantage. AND, I might add, the Witness held 10 in the magazine. I say get the gun and don't look back. Besides, it will only set you back ~$350, which you could probably turn around and sell it for. Once again only my opinion.

Actually, as recently as a week ago you could get a NIB Witness .45 in wonderfinish for $280 at KY Imports. For some reason their website is down right now but that doesn't mean the deal is over. Try it out later. http://www.kyimports.com

I don't know if shipping is included, but pay that and transfer and you're still under $350 to walk out the door with it. My local dealer wants $350 as well, but I'm going to offer to forget the transfer fee and just add on whatever he was going to make on the catalog order to this price. That way, I keep him making that money and I get his support later on. I DO like his service but this way I can pay for the service and still get the gun cheaper, and he shouldn't care where he orders it or mind if I get a deal, right?

------------------
Don

"Its not criminals that go into schools and shoot children"
--Ann Pearston, British Gun Control apologist and moron

Thanks a lot for the replies guys. I bought it. It was $309 plus tax. I bought an extra factory mag at the gunshow today, and tomorrow I will get to shoot it. If it shoots as good as it looks, it should be a great gun.

------------------
Good shootin to ya
Plateshooter

Back