EAA Windicator 357mag/.38 Special 2''

x3benny

Inactive
Hi everyone, I had a question about my ammo i bought for my EAA Windicator 357 mag/.38 Special 2'' barrel. The stores around me are sold out of almost every thing and i couldn't find any 357's ammo or .38 special.... I did find a box of .38 Super..... My Question is, is it okay/or can i use the .38 Super with my Windicator??

Attachments

• gun.jpg
    gun.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 65
  • ammo.jpg
    ammo.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 57
In short - NO - not even close to being right even though it fits.
Some say it will work in a pinch but the headspacing is not correct and it is a semi rimmed case so they may not extract right.

You could use 38 Super in it if you use moonclips there x3benny, but you would have to have the cylinder modify to use moonclips.

Not smart to fire 38super in second rate revolver such as Windicator. Check the chamber pressure on 38super vs 357mg/38sp. I wouldn't shoot 38super in a good gun because of possible damage.

The Windicator 357 is not second rate. ;) Its steel frame can handle stout loads. However, do not shoot 38 Super out of it. It's slightly higher pressure than 357 Mag. Second, your box says +P - definitely don't shoot 'em out of your Windicator. Also, you'll likely have extraction issue or worst - it won't fire because it may slide into the chamber a fraction of a millimeter deeper than a rimmed cartridge.

Just order 357 Mag online. It's still available, especially the specialty rounds costing $1 per round or more. I mean, it didn't sound like you were planning on taking the revolver to the range, right?

They fit in the chamber like it would be ok but im just not sure...
Please, learn before you continue.
With the exception of the slightly shorter, lower powered 38 Special in a 357 Magnum, and 44 Special in a 44 Magnum just because a round fits in the chamber it doesn't mean it should be shot in it.
The 38 Spcl/357 interchangeably is because the more powerful loads were developed in stronger guns, using 38Spcl. Cases. Then, as stronger guns were designed for the more powerful round, and commercial ammo was produced, the 38 Spcl. case was lengthened .10", and named the 357 Magnum so people couldn't put it in an older, weaker 38 Spcl. gun. Similar for the 44 Spcl./Magnum.

Go to ammoseek.com & get some decent 357 or 38 spP+ AMMO. What you’re
Looking at will ruin a very good snub 357 in magnum revolver. I’ve had mine
for years & it keeps on firing accurately.

The Windicator 357 is not second rate. ;) Its steel frame can handle stout loads. However, do not shoot 38 Super out of it. It's slightly higher pressure than 357 Mag. Second, your box says +P - definitely don't shoot 'em out of your Windicator. Also, you'll likely have extraction issue or worst - it won't fire because it may slide into the chamber a fraction of a millimeter deeper than a rimmed cartridge.

Just order 357 Mag online. It's still available, especially the specialty rounds costing $1 per round or more. I mean, it didn't sound like you were planning on taking the revolver to the range, right?
IIRC there Onward Allusion the +P on 38 Super is to differentiate it from 38 ACP because you can chamber 38 Super in a 38 ACP semi-auto, but it will damage and even in some cases cause a catastrophic failure.

I don’t have a 38acp or Super presently. I didn’t now the +P on 38 Super was to indicate it wasn’t 38acp. Learned something new, I’ve loaded 38acp to shoot in an early Colt I had and 9mm Largo for some Stars.

TY everyone

Thanks everyone for the info.. i had bought the .38 supers with out looking fully at the box, there wasn't any .38 special or 357 mags anywhere. So when i saw them i just bought with out looking,Something ill never do again lol. Im glad i singed up to the forums and asked.. Again Thanks all of you for letting me know... now iv got ammo i cant use..:mad: Might in vest in something that can use the .38 supers any ideas?

You could do what I did when I was accidentally sold a box of 45 GAP for my 1911.... Save it in your ammo box for 10 years, unused.

38 super in a non-38 super gun, not a good idea.

Take them to the next gun show and . . .

Take your accidentally purchased 38 supers to the next gun show and look for an ammo dealer. I mistakenly picked up some weird French rifle ammo thinking it was right for my Mosin Nagant. Took them to the next gun show and got an ammo dealer to give me half of what I paid for them. Better than nothing.

Life is good.
Prof Young

You could do what I did when I was accidentally sold a box of 45 GAP for my 1911.... Save it in your ammo box for 10 years, unused.

38 super in a non-38 super gun, not a good idea.
Well 45 GAP is essentially a 45 ACP short, however it operates at 45 ACP +P pressure though.

The first gun I ever bought was a windicator in the 4 inch variant. I bought it almost brand new, even with it's original box. I shot the living hell out of it for a few years and noticed that it had gotten very sloppy in the mechanism. I personally would not shoot 38 supers though it. Seems like a recipe for disaster especially for a cheap revolver. But hey it's your money and safety.

Back