EAA 45 Fans

• Thread starter Thread starter rc
  • Start date Start date

rc

I'm a huge CZ 75 Fan. Great Guns in both 9 and 40! Rather than get a CZ 97B in 45, I got an EAA Witness 45 instead. Great gun! Feeds anything I put in it and shoots well. Mine has the square slide profile and so far has had no issues whatsoever. I think it's closer to the CZ 75 in design than the CZ 97. . With the tactical streamlight it's too big for CCW and aftermarket grips are impossible to find, but it's a great home defense gun! Anybody else a big bore EAA fan? rc

I'm definitely a fan of the Tanfolio/EAA Witness, but I'm more interested in the .38 Super and 10mm Auto chamberings than .45 ACP.

Funny how many people still want a Bren Ten, yet seem to overlook the EAA Witness which is practically the same thing.

Funny how many people still want a Bren Ten, yet seem to overlook the EAA Witness which is practically the same thing.

Crocket didn't use a Witness 10mm! But, seriously, you are 100% correct. I have an EAA Stock 10mm which is a truly fantasitc gun. The trigger is the best DA/SA trigger I've ever experienced. Very accurate and a very beautifully finished firearm.

He only used a Bren Ten for what, the first and second season? If the only interest was in carrying Crockett's gun, then you'd think they'd be more interested in carrying his guns from later seasons.

Besides, everyone knows Tubbs had the coolest guns.

I would love to pick up a 38 super conversion and a 22 conversion but the EAA website conversion kits cost more than then guns.

Yeah, conversion kits can be weird that way. Sometimes they're extremely cheap, (as thsy ought to be as they're usually little more than a barrel and a spring or two) but other times they cost more than the firearm itself, which is ridiculous because obviously nobody is going to buy a conversion kit when it's cheaper to just buy a second gun chambered in another cartridge.

If I pick up a 45, it's gonna be the SAR K2 which used to be imported by EAA. I think SAR USA would be handling it now. The K2 is also a CZ style handgun. I really like my SAR K2P 9mm and the K2 45 is a handsome beast with it's 14 round double stack mags.

If I pick up a 45, it's gonna be the SAR K2 which used to be imported by EAA
No thanks, no Turkish guns for me. The EAA Witness is a good gun, feeds and shoots very well. My apprentice picked one up in trade a few years back and has held onto it in spite of just wanting to flip it.

My EAA Witness .45 dates back to 1995. Made by Tanfoglio of Italy. It's a huge gun, even for a .45. It shoots really well, very accurate. Back in November-ish, I put 700 rounds through it, and it was a tackdriver. It has what EAA was calling their "wonder finish" at the time. Well made gun, feels great in hand. Here's a pic...

rAdennQ.jpg

Gorgeous. I was actually looking at one just like it, except it was in 10mm and the finish was Chrome instead of Tungsten Gray.

Sadly, nowadays most of the Witness pistols have an ugly rail on them which completely ruins the aesthetics for me. Fortunately, their Elite Match and Elite Stock models come without rails.
Personally, I fail to see the appeal of adding weight to an already hefty, all steel gun. Granted that I'm not into adding lasers or flashlights to my firearms, but if I weee looking to do so, then I'd choose my SW40VE, a relatively lightweight polymer framed pistol.

Regarding the comment on rails - I totally agree. I feel fortunate to have the Elite Stock (Stock I) in 10mm without rail and a Sig X-Five competition without rail - two of my favorite pistols to shoot.

I've owned a fairly rare actual stainless steel EAA .45 since the early 90's.
For a short time EAA imported stainless models on which only the slide and frame are stainless.
Everything else is blued steel.

It's very accurate and reliable.
I'd very much like to have a CZ-97B and send it to Cajun Gun Works for their short trigger and some custom work, but the EAA fills the need very well.

I did some custom work on mine, including removing the forward slide serrations, installing an ambidextrous safety, slightly shortening the frame tang, manufactured a new front sight to replace the crude factory sight that came on it, and installing a later version more curved trigger.

rtHGlAl.jpg

A friend took a liking to the large frame TZs and bought a .38 and a .45.
But what he shoots are Colt, Walther, and Llama.
Llama? Yes, the Llama 87 comp gun is an interesting piece and a good shooter.

I really wish that they were still offered in true Stainless Steel rather than just hard chrome and other such silver finishes as I actually prefer the distinctive appearance of Stainless Steel, not to mention the low maintenance that comes with it.
It just wears far more gracefully than any finish, is easily restored if blemished, and never becomes any less corrosion resistant with wear.

I really wish that they were still offered in true Stainless Steel rather than just hard chrome and other such silver finishes as I actually prefer the distinctive appearance of Stainless Steel, not to mention the low maintenance that comes with it.
It just wears far more gracefully than any finish, is easily restored if blemished, and never becomes any less corrosion resistant with wear.

I can understand why some would prefer the stainless version. Personally, I like the hard-chrome finish. I find it significantly more scratch resistant than stainless. Since I am not an expert at refinishing stainless, this is an important factor for me. But, I can certainly appreciate the benefits of solid stainless too - to each his own.

The best part about refinishing Stainless Steel is that you don't need to be an expert. All you need is a 3M scotchbright ultrafine pad and a bit of patience to do it, unless you want something like a bead-blasted or mirror polish, which requires a bit more equipment/know-how.

I've had two EAA Witness .45's and both of them were flawless. I sold the first one when I needed cash in a hurry, but the second one has stuck around for about 7 years. Never a single issue, shoots anything I put in it that isn't just plain defective. I had some .45 ACP stuff a while back, and about 10 rounds were not even close to being able to be chambered. I sent them back to whoever made them, and they sent me two full boxes in return. My Witness made a bunch of 1911's look very bad.

When you folks say that is a big gun. Big like Glock 21? I have a glock 41 and the grip is big.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Not buying a gun from Turkey because of the govt's policies is like not buying an S&W gun because you don't like Trump.

Back