• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

E-Mail Notifications...

Edward429451

I don't know how significant this is but sometimes after having been subscribed to, or having posted in a thread...the e-mail notifications stop. After notifications dropped for the jury thread, I tried an experiment and went in and unsubscribed from the thread, and the added a new subscription to the thread and now I'm getting e-mail notifications again.

I know its not a timed out sub. because sometimes when people post to old threads I still get those notifications...:confused:

I see 26 successfully sent messages since 8pm EDT Tuesday evening. 109 the previous week. You should be getting more than that?

It's possible there's a vbulletin bug, since a few people seem to have the same complaint over on THR. However, I'd expect a lot more complaints if vbulletin were arbitrarily failing to send thread notifications.

You're sure you're taking into account that vbulletin only sends one notification per thread until you log in again?

Yes, I do get quite a lot of notifications. Lately, quite quite a few since I'm around more lately and have been logging on more. But certain threads that I have a higher interest in are noticably absent from the notifications. I initially think that just no one has responded to that thread yet, and then sometimes see the thread with all kinds of additional posts in it and no e mails to me.

I'm not wanting to sound like I'm taking anyone to task about it, and my apologies if I did. I'm just bringing it to your attention that there may be a bug in the system. And yes, I take into account that one e mail per thread until I log in again. Sometimes I log in 10-15 times per day though. I sit and do work at the 'puter and read TFL inbetween.

Speaking of last week 109 notifications...did you see the thread (forget exactly which one) that notified me about ten times in a row for the same post by the same guy? That was weird too.

What I have noticed about my e-mail notifications is that if I create a thread or post in a thread and the thread goes on for multiple pages, I tend to not get the notification e-mail if I only posted on page 1 and the thread is on page 3 or 4.

Add the e-mail address of the board to your address book.

It's probably your spam filter.

Done and done. They've been on my friendly list for years. What Maser describes is similar to what occurs although it doesn't seem to be tied to thread length for me.

I'll look into it, but I've got other stuff I'm way behind on. Remind me in week or two if I haven't reported on it.

Back