E-Cig AOW

Skans

Someone needs to make E-Cig AOW's. This would be a .22lr, .22mag, or even .380 that fires from a device that looks like one of those E-Cigs. I don't smoke - never smoked anything; hate smoking and don't advocate smoking. But, I would like to see someone make these...of course legally with $5 tax, registration etc. Hey, it would be cheaper to make than the G.R.A.D. Kinfe gun, and I bet they would sell.

Would be an easy conversion, I just went painfully through the battery specs for e-cigs for work. These things have the output required to electrically start a primer.

I don't smoke - never smoked anything; hate smoking and don't advocate smoking.
E-cigarettes aren't smoking. In fact, most people who use them do so to quit smoking.

These things have the output required to electrically start a primer.
They might, but why would we want to do this? It sounds like a very hazardous potential mix-up to make.

They might, but why would we want to do this? It sounds like a very hazardous potential mix-up to make.

For the same reason people made cellphone guns, knife-guns, pen-guns, etc. I like these kind of AOW's. They're are desirable in a "james-bond" sort of way. Besides, since I don't smoke, I don't think there will be any chance of a mix-up. And, if you just keep the business end out of your mouth, you should be just fine.

Dogtown is right.
If you make an aow on a form 1, it's $200, just like everything else. If you transfer an existing aow on a form 4, it's $5.
So what you want, is a company or 07 to make it for you.

If they look like an e-cig, they will look like a regular cigarette. So if a smoker sticks the business end in his mouth, flicks his Bic ....

Jim

If they look like an e-cig, they will look like a regular cigarette.
Actually, that's often not the case. This is the one I use:

sig_30w.jpg

So if a smoker sticks the business end in his mouth, flicks his Bic ..
A friend of mine once worked in a seedy bar. Back then, state law forbid the carry of firearms in bars, so she got some pepper spray. She had it attached to her keychain. In a moment of forgetfulness, she left it on the counter. A customer mistook it for a cigarette lighter, and...you can guess the rest.

Haha, the same thong happened to me and my brother. My aunt came over, we were in our teens, and thought it was a lighter on her keychain. We both got a somewhat sprayed face and the after effects in the apartment made it uninhabitable for an hour or so.

Tom, I bet Arsenal could turn that thing into a 5-shot .22lr revolver!:D

You know what, the business end makes the best barrel. Just don't bring it with you into a bar.

but a thong has never happened to me

Don't know what yer missin' Jimbo...

More germane to the conversation, I think if I had an e-cig conversion, it wouldn't be be sitting next to my chair ready to take a hit off of. No, it would be cleverly concealed in my thong...

I handled an incident years ago during which a lady found a NAA 22 magnum revolver and thought it was a cigarette lighter. She tried to light one up with it.

Back