DVDs for the new wannabe marksman

Hey guys. Im a relatively new shooter, new to guns in general. Over the last year Ive managed to make it out to the range a good few times and acquired a decent safe full of guns between my brother and I. Next year I plan on trying my hand at some hunting but I figure I should get my act together first and learn to shoot well. Any good dvds,tips or stuff like that would be appreciated.

Note- I heard itd be smart to train up on a 22 so Ill be purchasing a savage mk2 pretty soon which I thinkll be good for practicing. no scopes yet.

The Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) and its forerunner, the Division of Civilian Marksmanship (DCM) Was set up by Teddy Roosevelt, (DCM) then re-affirmed by congress (CMP) to provide training and marksmanship to Citizens of this country.

This website list several books and DVDs that you are looking for. Starting with complete beginners to the advanced marksman.

They start out at $6.95 and are well written, put out by the CMP/AMU (Army Marksmanship Unit).

Give the list a look see, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

https://estore.odcmp.com/store/catalog/catalog.aspx?pg=catalogList&cat=BKS

video:
I also suggest utoob USMC Fundamentals of Rifle Marksmanship - good stuff to get you going with the basics. Free.

Books:
"Position Rifle Shooting" by Bill Pullum and Frank Hanenkrat
... a detailed analysis of rifle-shooting psychology and technique. You might find it or something similar on Amazon.com.

Back