Durability of RMR sight on 44 magnum

disseminator

So does anybody use an RMR or Deltapoint on their 44 magnum? Do you like it? How is the durability?

I'd be putting it on my 6.5" Model 29 classic

I have used Aimpoint T1/H1 and Primary Arms Advanced Microdots on my large bore Magnums (454, 44, 450 and 500).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Nobody else?

I guess I'll contact the company and see what they say about it.

I'll check out the Aimpoint for my 460 xvr thanks.

I've used an UltraDot 30 on my Classic with no problems at all. It is much faster to acquire than the smaller relflex sights, and is practically impervious to recoil. I've also had one on a 454 Casull with no problems.

629ultradot_zpsvexoki5l.jpg~original

Last edited:
I've had Burris FastFire3's on both a 44mag handgun and a light weight 45-70 lever gun. I also had an UltraDot on the 44mag for a while. No problems at all. I'm not suggesting or promoting the Burris, I'm sure the others would do equally well. I definitely would not use a Simmons or other cheap sight on a gun with stout recoil. I think in that case you'd get what you paid for.

Cool, thanks for the replies. I got this response from Trijicon:

Good afternoon and Yes the RMR was tested to handle the heaviest of recoil from most modern weapons, and it has been a popular pairing with the hunting weapon systems including heavy hitting rifles, handguns (both frame and slide mounted) and shotguns. With that being said if in the odd chance you were to ever have an issue with any of our products please contact us and we will do our best to take care of you. Have a great day.

I appreciate the first hand accounts. I like the RMR due to it's small size. While I have no doubt the bigger sights will acquire faster etc, I want it to be small enough to fit a standard belt holster. (With a little cutting of course.)

I think I'll give one a go on my 625JM first and if that works out good, then the model 29.

Back