DUO (1944) (gun of the day)

johnwill

Here's a cute little Checz pistol from the WW2.

98240_DUO_01.jpg

The DUO was introduced in 1926 by F. Dusek, hence the alliteration in Dusek Duo. The one pictured is pre-war and has the Dusek name. Some were made for the Germans in WWII. IIRC, after the war, the communist government wanted to consolidate arms production and gave the Duo design to CZ, so it is under that name in some lists. Fjestad states that the pistol is still being made as the "Z" pistol by CZ, but I assume they cannot be imported because of the GCA 68 restrictions.

It is a very nice pistol, reasonably accurate and extremely reliable; it is one of the few .25 Autos I consider on a par with the old Colt and Browning.

Jim

Hi, Johnwill,

If you are going to collect Browning vest pocket copies, you might need a bigger safe. Do you have Matthews' books? He shows a whole lot of them, though not all are really copies as most have some unique feature or other.

Jim

I have a pretty eclectic collection, I could never hope to have all the 1906 copies. :)

I don't have Matthews books, but I have Ezell, J.E.Smith, and my personal favorite, A.B. Zhuk's book.

The "good source of parts" source is always a mystery. :) After you go through the usual suspects, I post queries in places like this.

I recently was looking for a recoil spring bushing for a Walther Model 4, I emailed and asked Walther and they referred me to an obscure place that actually had it! It's coming tomorrow, if I can believe the guy that I talked to... :D

As Jim said, it's going to depend on what parts you need, and the condition of the gun. They're only worth $150 or so, so spending close to that on parts may not be wise.

It was given to me several years ago in pieces when i went to asymble it not all was there and like one of you pointed out it's $150 so I guess the next gunshow I will buy one that works and have some spare parts to keep it alive. Thanks for your resposes I guess this pocket pistol will stay in the bag.
Thanks Again
Guy L Johnson

It obviously depends on how many pieces are missing, but if it's more than a couple of small ones, it'll start getting expensive to put it back together.

Back