Dumb luck strikes again: New 4" Anaconda

Marko Kloos

Inactive
Dammit...I am getting old. Now all my handguns except for my pocket pistol (Jetfire) are wheelguns. In the last four weeks I've had some great luck scoring some fine revolvers for my collection. Among those are the Lew Horton *&* 640 Carry Comp I got for $425 (only 250 were made, for $750 each, back in 1991), a fine Model 25 with immaculate finish, a Model 19 4" round butt, and a Model 28 Highway Patrolman with original box and papers for $240.

The latest one, acquired today, is a stainless Colt Anaconda in .44 Magnum with a 4" barrel. Some fool got rid of it, and I ended up getting it for $399. I believe the 4" Anacondas are not terribly common, and this one looks like it would make one hell of a carry gun. The gunsmith checked it out, and it times fine and is in great shape according to him. I'll post a pic this weekend. Anybody know the current market price tag on a 4" Anaconda?

4 inch new in 1991
95%--375.00
98%--450.00
100%-575.00
PS add 130.00 for realtree grey camo finish
SOurce 22nd edition of the blue book

actuarly colt prices are comming down.399 is a good price,for a while there anacondas ,all barell lenths were going for 800 and up.as soon as colt opens up the flood gates on there revolvers again the prices will be back to normal.

Wow, I wish the shops around here would get a clue and drop there prices. The shop I frequent the most got a traded in LNIB 4" .44 Anaconda......the asking price is $795.00. Of course, they'll knock off $10 if you pay cash:rolleyes:

Here's a picture. The gunsmith buffed the stainless out a bit before I picked it up, and now it looks like it came in Ultimate SS finish. Nice gun, and it fits the same IWB I use for my 4" Model 19.

One thing I like about the stainless big bore wheelguns is their commanding presence. The Anaconda has a counterbored muzzle which looks like the Holland Tunnel when looking at the business end.

anaconda.jpg

Damn, lendringser. You've got to be one of the luckiest guys I ever heard of. You've found quite a little treasure trove over the the last month at some pretty nice prices.

Finding those pieces around here would be like finding a particular grain of sand in the Sahara, let alone finding decent prices on them.

Just got back from the range a couple of hours ago, where a neighbor/shooting buddy of mine and I sighted in his lnib, 6" Anaconda that we picked up last week for $300. Coincidentally, the guy who sold my neighbor the Anaconda was also at the range.

Today, I'd mounted my PDP3 on the Anaconda, using a B-Square mount. Had to grind the front sight pins a little, in order to get the mount to fit, but that was no trouble.

I'm not much into wheelguns, but would have bought this nice, stainless Anaconda, @$300, if I didn't already own a Mod 29 Smith.

I'll have to admit that the action is terribly smooth and the single-action trigger pull is target quality. Lots of fun with the red dot scope.

Good for you, lendringser...

I have beaten myself up numerous times for letting go of a 4" Anaconda in .45Colt that I had. Colt only made them for about two years...I had one...sold it...still kicking...:(

And, yes, Colt made the Anaconda in .45Colt with a 4" bbl. I usually have to argue with someone over whether this model ever existed, so save your breath - whoever you are.

Back