Duckbill Choke

siam

Inactive
Has anyone here used the Duckbill Choke on an Ithaca 37 in Nam? I would be interested in hearing from you. Great Lakes Arsenal is making the choke available to the public. They will put it on an 870 bbl, or most any other bbl without a rib. Thanks!!

Guns magazine did an article on SEAL weapons of the Vietnam era in the current issue. They did discuss the duckbill choke in minor detail, and the impression I got is that while being a good idea, it did not pan out as planned. i just looked for the article but it is buried in a ton of magazines. BTW, any prices or addresses to contact?

Contact Chuck Madurski at Great Lakes Arsenal 60233 Northern Ave. Ray, MI 48096-3914 e-mail: glainc@tir.com. He will be happy to help you. The last I knew, a new 870 BBl. with choke was $225. shipped, or you could send a barrel to him to be done. Small Arms Review,Jan2000, had a good review on the Mod 37 with the Duckbill and the new barrels. Thanks for the reply!!!

I had Great Lakes put a duckbill choke on a 500 barrel about a year ago. It really flattens and slightly widens out the pattern. It works as advertised. I like it!

Back