DSA FALs

Stressor

I want a FAL (we say Rhodesia) but I want a modern short gun because it's current year. Does anyone have a DSA product? I think I'll get a traditional 21" gun and a separate OSW upper for mlok and whatnot.

We have an SAR-48. Its a good rifle. Never misses a beat. Fairly accurate with open sights. Reminds me Ive got some AB22 from Los Men I want to shoot. Who is making the mags these days?

Does anyone have a DSA product?

Yes, DSA SA58 Traditional Rifle, 18" barrel. Why? The fixed stock FAL is the lighter than a Para, 18 inch barrel the most accurate (so they say), and the Type II receiver the strongest.

It's one of the most accurate FAL's I have seen and runs like a swiss watch. I modernized it a bit with a wide magazine release, picatinny Scope Cover, and a 3x Prism scope. Adds capability and weight....
Honestly, I would not feel outgunned during the day with just the irons on it though. If somebody made a tritium front sight post I would put it back to irons only in a heartbeat.

FAL magazines are tough to find. DSA makes polymer mags. They are light and function in the rifle flawlessly. The weight savings is no small feature.
Better than Therm-a-mold or ProMag's.
The only drawback is round retention is a little shaky as they will lose the round or so if smacked hard. You do have to fit them with to the rifle but a few swipes with a file is all it takes.

In theory, in April, DSA will ramp up steel magazine production. I found a bunch of Surplus South African Magazines online. Stripped them down, got new springs, bumper plates, and KG Gunkote'd them for corrosion resistance. They have worked flawlessly.

In my experience:
None of the Polymer Mags are drop free. All of the steel mags are drop free.

Back