Dryfireing ?

curly45

Just bought a new Charter 9mm pitbull and am unsure if it can safely be dry-fired or not? It has a new type firing pin so I feel that the safest thing is not to dry fire like most revolvers but not sure. Any one know for sure?:confused:

Get some snap caps.

I use them for pretty much everything. More as an added safety thing while dry firing, but I doesnt hurt the gun either.

enhance

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/se...ia/1672375483269144/medium/1594901889/enhance

Just bought a new Charter 9mm pitbull and am unsure if it can safely be dry-fired or not? It has a new type firing pin so I feel that the safest thing is not to dry fire like most revolvers but not sure. Any one know for sure?:confused:

What does your user manual say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The vast majority of modern center fire and some rimfires CAN be dryfired. That said I ALWAYS use some kind of snap cap as it is an inexpensive “ounce of precaution”.

Check with the maker and follow their instructions.

Snap caps are never a bad idea, and besides giving the firing pin something to hit, have an important safety function, namely, if there are snap caps in the chamber(s), there can't be live ammo.

Do not, however, rely on snap caps to be dummy ammo for function testing.

Thanks all DID check with ca they said just what you guys said "You can dry fire the 9mm pitbull but best to use snap caps" Thanks again!

The Exception and not the norm, for me !!!

By now, being on this forum, I realize that their time when Dry-Firing is important but should be the exception and not the rule. I mostly shy away from Dry-Firing even when offered by the owner. I also use snap-caps. ...... ;)

Be Safe !!!

Back