Dry firing a K22

Lavan

Will it do any damage? The cylinder is rebated for the rims quite deeply. Doesn't seem that the pin would hit. Anyone sure?

Yes. Don't do it. Just to be on the safe side.

K-22s are nice little guns. Why run the risk when snap caps are so darned cheap?

Mike's right. Rimfires CAN be fragile things. When dealing with M17s I always have a lot of reverence.

If you have been doing it, give a smith a call. Then use it as an excuse to purchase another. "Honey, my .22 is at the smith. I need another."

Nope...never done it...

Have had the gun for about 35 years. Never dry fired it. Just getting curious about doing it.
I bought it new and it came from factory with firing pin dents BETWEEN the cylinders. Dunno if they were indexing it or what the heck.
But ONE firing pin dent between each hole. Weird. Couldn't time it that far off to do that.
It is one of the most accurate pistols I have ever owned.

Finally located an old Pachmayr grip filler and with that installed, it just hangs on target like it was glued. Far better than the Smith target grips or the rubber Pachs. Hard to believe such a difference but it just hangs out there with no wobble with the weight on the middle finger and the grip back sorta caught in the web of my hand.
Those old timers had it down. All the "improvements" seem to do is cost more.

Back