Dry fire device

Reloader

I recently purchase a dry fire device from Brownell's. It slips into the bolt carrier to actas a cusion and allow dry firing of my AR15. Problem: the AR will not close with the device installed. I have contacted Brownell's, who have no idea on how it tis to be installed and and Sinclair Marketing, who sells the device. I have not heard back from sinclair yet. My AR is a new Colt Match Target HBAR. Would this make a difference? I have instleed the device in a full 360 degree with no success. Any Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Primary reason is this device will also let you recock the weapon with only a 1/4" pull on the charging handle and I will be using it as an instructor. In addition, it can be stored in the weapon to orevent unauthorized use. According to the Brownell literature, it serves these 2 purposes.

i saw picture of the device in G&A this month in an add
in the pix it showed an AR rotated open on the front pin with a pencil sized bar sticking out of the upper 2 or so inches. I was wondering how you close the upper...

do you have to charge it and drop the carrier release with the upper open?

dZ

That's the problem...I can't close the upper, regardless what I try. Still haven't heard back from Sinclair International. I'll try your suggestion. Supposedly you close the upper and then charge it. I'll get back to yupu in afew days. Greg

Got it to work!! The weapon has to taken down while it is COCKED AND IN THE SAFETY POSITION. You then align the indentention so that it is showing as you llok at the rifle upside down, close it. and it works. You can use this for dry fire or storage. Great training aid as long as you figure it out. I never did hear from the manufacturer.

Back