Dresye 25 auto

Kris

Inactive
Hi I have a Dreyse 25 auto with a weak striker spring. Need instructions on breakdown. I know the rear site has to be lifted up but can't find any more info. Please help. Thanks:confused:

The instructions I have are not very good, but apparently you lift the rear sight up, then pull the slide back while lifting it up, and at some point the slide will detach from the frame at the rear end and then can be eased forward and off. Clear as mud?

Thanks Fluff that is the best set of instructions I have found yet. Sorry Jim but the Dreyse 32 ACP instructions do nothing for the 25 Deyse, thanks for the link though, cool site.:) Kris

Dreyse 25

Does any one know when these were first made? Mine has a very low serial number 4 digits. Thanks

"Designed by Schmeisser, this pistol was produced from 1910 until the early part of World War One (1914-1915?) by Rheinische Metallwaaren und Maschinefabrik in Sommerda, Germany. This is the derivation of the RMF on the grip." (Triple K. Encylopedia & Reference Guide for Auto Loading Guns, 16th Ed.)

Dreyse 25

OK it's apart, very well made, now the search for the striker spring. Looks like it will be hard to find, no luck online yet but I will keep looking. Thanks 0ld Fuff never would have got it apart without your help. Kris:)

Dreyse vp

The Browning Baby striker spring is a perfect fit. The Dreyse lives again. The striker seems a little bent, fireing pin mark on primer is off center,still sets the primer off though.:) Thanks for the help,this is a great site!

dreyse .25

I had a similar .25, but a late one about 1915. They are very interesting pistols, but I found that mine tended to come apart when fired. The top spring /rear sight came back at me, not hard enough to do damage, but making the gun a collector, not a shooter, in my opinion.
They are an interesting historic relic, and there are not many around. You are lucky to own it.

Mark:)

Back