DQ at the USPSA Marysville Series Match. Open Division.

I think the comments said AD, but it may not have been under USPSA rules. By the video, it would only be an AD if it went over the berm.

yeah it was an AD but it landed in the berm. Some CROs were saying that it shouldn't have been a DQ if I argued it but I was already frazzled and tired.

Just a bad day for me, I could see my focus deteriorate through the entire match.

Got dqed my very first official match, needless to say it's no fun. I broke the 180 on my second stage, just barely too. Though the last match i shot i didn't get dqed i would say it definitely hindered my score. Instead of just shooting i was constantly checking myself to make sure i wasn't breaking any safety regulation.

So it was a negligent discharge over the berm?

Last edited:
Still some nice shooting on the stages you got through, though; that stage with the lift-up port covers seems like an invitation to sweep yourself or put a hole in your hand.

I got DQ'd at the Crimson Trace Midnight match this past weekend. Probably cost me $1-2,000 in prizes. I fell down running in the dark on one stage but kelt my muzzle down range. I had several malfunction on another and decided to ground my gun rather than clear the jam. I completely forgot to safe the weapon before I grounded it. Gotta keep your wits about you no matter what.

Back