Douglas barrel Markings.

xcalibor67

Inactive
Recently found an older Douglas barrel I had never finished and stored umpteen yrs ago. The chamber face has the words "A Douglas Barrel" and
"Premium Quailty". Also has 2 "Star" symbols stamped. Does anyone know what the stars mean or was it merely the symbol Douglas used years ago?
I haven't bought a Douglas in a while, but thought they stamped "X's" on them. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0093.JPG
    IMG_0093.JPG
    193.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
So basically, One would think barrels made with the newer tooling would be more precise? I thought it might have had something to do with Air Gauging.

The two stars are just part of the "Douglas Barrel - Premium Quality" stamp.

Standard marking.
Font, size, and quality of the stamping has changed over the years (as well as additional markings like twist rate, chambering, etc), but that's a standard production stamp for an older premium grade barrel.

Douglas premium barrels used to be those that air gauged to some groove diameter tolerance/spec. Not a diameter spec but how much they varied. I don't know what their specs are today, but years ago when some were gauged at a .0002" spread but 30 caliber ones had groove diameters well over .309".

One keen on this could contact Douglas then ask them.

The folks over at Douglas are very cool to talk with, I talked to them about my barrel and they were totally eager to answer any question I had and when time come they will get the nod again.

Back