double rifle case

my wifey got me the greatest case for christmas, its freaking awesome, goes on like a backpack when your walking and has a sling and handles, just a ton of room and has a fold-out mat for keeping your stuff on or shooting prone

heres a link
http://www.amazon.com/Large-Soft-Carry-Case-Shooting/dp/B007ZFROES

we paid alot more than that by the way, thats a great price, they come in many colors and patterns

ps, it says its a 3 rifle case, but thats just too much, it two great slots for rifles that have velcro straps to keep them in place, and the third is supposed to just cram in between the shooting mat unsecured, which just overpacks it, mine is a little different than this, mine doesnt have the pistol pouch on the left side, it just has a general carry bag there, mine is called the explorer R46, i couldnt find that exact model, but the zippers are large and thick and shouldnt rip or wear out anytime soon

Last edited:
Some questions/advice:
If you are traveling by air or some other complex transportation in which the case and it's contents are out of your hands then you should be using a hard case such as those made by Pelican.
But if you don't have the needs as outlined above, I would avoid going with a hard case and instead consider two soft cases for your firearms. Hard cases are just huge and unwieldy. They take up a lot of space when not in use, and are heavy and hard to maneuver when in use.
But double soft cases are also pretty difficult to maneuver. With their heavy contents, flexibility and no wheels, you are stuck carrying, dragging or a bit of both.
Two soft cases can each be optimized for their contents and though it's twice as many bags to carry, each one is pretty easy to maneuver.
B

i have to respectfully disagree, i think the two rifle bag is a better option, its not hard to maneuver and it wears like a backpack leaving your hands free for other stuff, if i carry two bags, i have no hands left

Whatever you buy, I think you'll be surprised by how heavy it is when carrying two rifles with scopes. I have one, hardly use it anymore, I'd rather make two trips to the pickup and carry them inside one at a time.

The problem with most double scoped rifle hard cases is weight, like a Pelican 1740 + two 10 lbs rifles > 50 lbs airplane luggage allowance. You might be better off investing in quick-detach scope rings and put two scopeless rifles into a smaller case like the 1720, and put the scopes in the carry-on.

Back