don't overlook this

I guess it depends on what is on the other side of that doggie door:

Fluffy,

Or Mr. 200lb Rotie :D

It would seem that the issue is that you don't have anyone living with you on a temp basis (not saying it was him but usually when these things happen, it's someone that the victim knew).

Sad and tragic. That's why my 65yo Mom has Mr. .38 fully loaded to keep her company.

Wayne

People amaze me.... how they can murder others like that.... reminds us one of the reasons we own all these guns. Best wishes to her family. Hope they catch the SOB that did that.

ON the dog door note:
WE have a powered dog door that will only open up for my dog. It's really cool (keeps the varmints out). Plus his doggie area is also completely enclosed (he's a beagle; coyote food). It's pretty secure, i couldn't break it if i tried. Downside, it cost $550 bucks and you have to cut large holes to install it (AKA it ain't ever coming out).

Chase

Hmmmm? Deadbolts were changed, handymans keys did NOT work but, he was still living there? Who WAS she trying to keep out? House was for sale, people DO just call unannounced to see a house. The picture of the handyman resembles a mugshot. If not him, who? It seems odd that the doggy door was the emergency point of entry. She seemngly allowed the killer into her home. Friend, housebuyer, transient or the handyman? I don't let strangers in my house. The dog doesn't either.

No doggie door, no doggie, no problem.

It seems odd that the doggy door was the emergency point of entry.
How so? It seems perfectly logical, unless you are too large to fit through.

Conclusion: don't get a doggie door unless you have a dachshund.:D

I would guess it was the handy man. The reason is that however the intruder got in, the house was locked after the murder. So whoever did it, may have been used to locking the door as they go out. Of course people do that on their own homes everyday so as I said it's just a guess. Besides, once he was inside, why use the doggie door to go back out?:cool:

Back