Don't know shotguns and someone wants to sell me a Remington 1100

Davecota

Inactive
So I'm new to shotguns but want to learn and came across a fellow who has a Remington 1100 for sale. It's older and a bit beat up but no idea a price range as far as what I should offer? Any help or anything I should look for? Thanks for anyone that can help.

Simplest answer for value is asking the owner what he would like for it. Then cross reference that price with gunbroker.

First do you really want a Rem 1100? Model and features also have an impact on value. A nice Rem 1100 12G skeet model in great condition is worth about $400-500 to me. A standard model in average condition is worth $225-375, again to me. I would hold out for one in great shape if I could but that is just my philosophy.

if its older, itll have a white diamond on the grip cap.
a rib helps drive a sale. cut or cracked stocks hurt value.
then again, what you use it for is important.
im sure we all will choke if the beat up gun hes trying to sell you is an f grade trap. lol.

Fixed Choke?

One factor determining value is whether or not the barrel's choke is fixed or it accepts screw in chokes. Depending on what it will be used for you may be happy with a fixed choke. That or if it comes with differently choked barrels.

The gauge (caliber) is important, too.
Smaller ones, (20, 28 and 410(?)) can be worth much more to the right person.
Plus there's been a huge assortment of 1100 models since their introduction, all valued differently.
More description and pictures would help.

Back