Don Hume and FIST Leather?

ZipTieNinja

How good are these brands? I am looking for a belt slide holster and they both make one or two I like...

Which is made better, and will last longer? More comfortable?

I am looking at the following models:

Don Hume:

First Agent $20

Agent 9 $34

FIST:

#8 Close Cropped Shortcut $29

Found at www.gunnersalley.com

Thanks again TMoss! :cool:

I have several Hume holsters and several FIST. I think FIST is a little better made (attention to detail, nicer leather) although the Hume holsters do their job well.

Nothing wrong with either, but I tend to give the nod to FIST.

I don't have any experience with the FIST products, but have 5 Hume models, two of them their JIT Slide. I like them a lot, have served me well in IDPA. I have looked at both on the GunnersAlley website also, doesn't look like you'll be sorry either way. Recently I bought a 2nds Hume holster from Gunners Alley for a great price, it had a very small repaired gouge that was hard to find, so do consider the 2nds, good value.

My entire duty outfit is Don Hume. The only piece I don't like is the radio holder. The holster is a dual retention front break and works very well. I have no experience with FIST.

I have holsters from both but all my slides, and I have several are Humes. Both companys produce a good product.
The advantage FIST has over Hume, is when you place your order they will work with you to tailor the holster to your needs and likes as best they can. Hume's are purely off the rack.
Take Care

I've owned both and you can't go wrong with either.My DH was leather and the FIST in Kydex so i can't compare the two.

Back