Does Walther still make the P-38?

No they don't, but there is a zillion of them over here. If you go to almost any gun show, you will find one. Just make sure that is a war production model. They had frames that were made of steel. The post war ones had aluminum frames.

The P-38 has been out of production since the mid-nineties. Post war production frames can be either steel or aluminum, although the aluminum is more common. As to what the comparable life expectency of steel vs aluminum is I have no idea.

I e-mailed Walther of Germany ands asked them if they still made the model P-38. The e-mailed me back today and stated "YES" but they are not importing them at this time. They advised me to see Earl in Tewksbury MA he can help me.I think I will pay Earl a visit. Thanks everyone for your help.

Yeah,

Well good luck with Earl in MA!

His place reminds me of a place I tried to buy a horse once.

PigPen

Earl's

I don't know what his shop looks like but I dealt with him over the phone and he is a great guy to do business with.
I ordered two pistols from him and he was very prompt in shipment. I got what I wanted the way it was suppose to be .
I understand from talking to him he should have what you are looking for from trophy pieces to shooters.
Hope this helps ;)

Back