Does This Seem Like A Great Price For A Marlin 336w?

Joe_Pike

I got Bass Pro's flyer in the mail the other day and noticed that on one day coming up in August they are selling a Marlin 336W for a "special price". The original price is $429.95. The sale price is $399.95. Then on this one day there is an instant rebate of $50 getting the gun down to $349.95. Then they are doing a 2nd Amendment celebration by discounting the gun even further by the amount of the tax. So, the way I understand it is you can leave with the gun for $349.95.

Now, I don't need the gun for anything, especially since I have an early '80s Marlin 1894c in .357 that I paid $450 for last year.

So, would you pick up this "special deal" or is it just not "special" enough.

"Special" enough for me. I have no use for one either, but at that price, it'd be hard to not seriously consider it.

I recall WM having the 336W for a bit under $300... but that was several years ago.

Cheers,
C

If you want a new budget gun with a cheap stock on it that is probably about as good a price as you will find. Personally I'd be looking for a good used 336C with a walnut stock for about the same price. Especially with the QC problems with newer Marlins.

New Marlins built by Remington factory should be thoroughly inspected for fit and finish flaws. In contrast, genuine Marlins have no such concerns.

The Glenfield model line of Marlin was built up until mid-1980's. These carbines are typically priced at less than $300. on the used-but-not-abused market. Glenfield 30-30 is a KEEPER!

Jack

Back