Does the SCOTUS decision to hear Heller effect your choce for President?

Bruxley

The case is expected to be heard in March. The Republican Convention isn't until September. It's quite possible we may have a decision before we have a Republican nominee. The Democrats' position is generally already considered pro-gun control. Fell free to debate that if you feel it's relevant. But the choice for the Republican nomination has often been qualified by their stand on the RKBA.

Will a favorable outcome effect your selection in the primaries?

It has certainly gotten my attention to making 2A issues the #1 priority, as it has opened my eyes wide to what issues are going on right now. It probably made the 3 bad guys considerably less tolerable to me, that's for sure.

Are you implying that a favorable ruling will make a candidates stance on RKBA less important? If so, you may be right. The again, unfavorable Court rulings have a way of uniting and energizing those on the losing end.

This should show you all, no matter how much this sucks, that a President's SCOTUS nominees are really the the biggest effect he can have on our lives. Keep that in mind when you vote for President. Keep in mind the kind of person he will nominate for SC Justice.

You really want to find out who Hillary is going to nominate?

The SCOTUS appointments are more important that who the president is. It is the knowlege about which side would appoint another Ginsberg that will cause me to vote a certain way.

This should show you all, no matter how much this sucks, that a President's SCOTUS nominees are really the the biggest effect he can have on our lives. Keep that in mind when you vote for President. Keep in mind the kind of person he will nominate for SC Justice.
AGREED!!! I tell people this all the time.

Back