does marlin make an 1894 with a 16 inch barrel?

jdd

Inactive
i've been looking for a marlin 1894 with a 16 inch barrel. marlin doesn't show them on their website (only in 18 1/2 and 20 inch barrels). but, i just bought a "guns and ammo firearms for law enforcement" magazine that has an article on an 1894 with a 16 inch barrel. does marlin make these and where can i find one?

JDD,

Marlin does not currently catalog a 16 inch 1894.

About 3 years ago, Marlin made up 1000 .44 Magnum 1894 carbines with 16 inch barrels. They called it the 1894 Limited, and it was stamped 'Limited' on the barrel. The box was printed '1894 TALO',whatever that means. The following year, they offered the same thing in .45 Colt. I bought one of the .44's and it is a joy to handle and shoot. I know where there was one for sale in Southern Arizona a few months ago. If it is still there next time I down that way, I will buy it also.

Looking at my Gun Values Blue Book, Marlin has made other versions over the years, you could probably find these occassionally at a gun show, though I have never seen one. They have made the .44's and .357's both with 16 inch barrels. Currently, the .44's have a 20 inch and the .357's have a 18.5 inch barrel.

Good luck in your search,

Doug.

[This message has been edited by Doug in PHX (edited November 08, 1999).]

Back