Does Kimber Follow These Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

umstud

I have been reading the posts on the 1911 forum regarding the many problems shooters are having with various model Kimber pistols. I just bought a Pro Elite and have not any problems with mine although I have only put 200 rounds through it. I must say that I love the look and feel of the Kimber. However, for a company that is supposed to provide fine pistols, I think that there are too many complaints for the fauls to be borne solely by the shooters who own them. Maybe all the Kimber owners who have been having problems with their pieces should bombard the company with email outlining all the difficulties they have been experiencing and demand a refund or replacement. These large companies will only listen if they think that their customer base is threatened. I believe that most shooters listen to other expert shooters, such as we have on these forums, regarding the reliability of firearms produced be the various manufacturers rather than listen to the advertising hype by the companies themselves. It is us who depend on these guns for self defense and the defense of our loved ones. With this in mind, there is absolutely no room for malfunction or error.
From what I have been reading so far, Kimber has been making too many excuses instead of providing what I call "life or death" satisfaction to the customers.
As shooters, and paying customers, we need to demand more from Kimber and also let them hear our disgruntlement in no uncertain terms. Sorry for the long post

>>It is us who depend on these guns for self defense and the defense of our loved ones. With this in mind, there is absolutely no room for malfunction or error.<<

umstud,

If this is what you are looking for, dump the overpriced non-reliable Kimber and get a Glock or an HK USP!

------------------
Did you ever stop to think...
And then forget to start over again?

Jim

www.geocities.com/Heartland/Lake/3887/home.html

[This message has been edited by JMC (edited November 19, 1999).]

Oh horses*it JMC. I have had more jams with Glocks than I ever had with any of my Kimbers. And I sure as hell wasn't as accurate with them either.

Kimber did have a listserv but there were known to kick people off you complained about their product. Finally it got so bad that they discontinued the listserv.

RikWriter,

Think what you will but how do you think your overpriced 1911 Kimber Colt clone would fare if you attempted to put 1000 rounds through it next to a Glock or an HK USP?

From what I have seen and heard from Kimber owners, the Kimber won't go the distance w/o malfunctioning. Most of them would be lucky to make 200 rounds!

------------------
Did you ever stop to think...
And then forget to start over again?

Jim

www.geocities.com/Heartland/Lake/3887/home.html

[This message has been edited by JMC (edited November 20, 1999).]

My Kimber should do pretty well, I'ld guess it's a tie.
My Springfield will do Better than any Glock.
Heck, My Wife's Springfield will do better too.
Against an HK? No - I would not be as bold to go there.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
Hey, have I mentioned my new book? It is called:
MEN ARE FROM MARS and WOMEN JUST NEED TO DEAL WITH IT!

Flame deleted!
Yeah Kimber did follow the internet. They even had a real good list. One person screwed it up for everybody. That person made a point of doing everything possible to make the list his personal point of attack against Kimber.
Classic example of one destoying it for everybody.

[This message has been edited by Hal (edited November 20, 1999).]

Well,
I shoot IDPA, and ISPC competition. I own both glocks and Kimbers, as well as half a dozen other brands. If I want to play, I shoot glock, but I can't hit anything more than 25 yards away with them. For serious competition, I shoot kimber. They are the Most accurate gun on the market out of the box, other than sig which is pretty good too. But I dont have anymore Malf's with the kimber than I do with any other gun. would I trust my life with it? Yep, I carry a Kimber compact for concealment. I had 1 malf. with it in the first 10 rounds I fired. It hasnt even hiccuped since then.

------------------
10MM Magnum.... tried the rest, now I got the best

[This message has been edited by 10mmrules (edited November 22, 1999).]

I recently attended the Blackwater Lodge for a five day tactical school and most people shot 1500-2000 rounds. I saw Kimbers, Sigs, Colt's, Brownings, Glocks, etc and the only one that made a trip to the armory was a Glock. All brands and caliber's had at least 1 malfunction at some point but they were of the "tap,rack, bang" variety. My point is that every pistol can/will malfunction at some point so practice your clearing drills and hope it doesn't happen when it counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back