Does it STILL look Japanese???

miroku

Inactive
complete make over.. If you can imagine the whole rifle black before.. $40 rifle to start... It's not a Kentucky, but the kids are fighting over it already...:D

PANA0098_zpsd9f6bd46.jpg

PANA0099_zpse2bb26df.jpg

PANA0095_zpsa7926254.jpg

PANA0097_zps6daa341b.jpg

PANA0100_zpsb2528201.jpg

I have a similar Spanish gun with a two-piece stock. Recently I discarded the forearm and soldered on a barrel rib and then poured a pewter nose. I still have to find the timbles/pipes for attaching to the rib and once that's done, it needs to be blued.

Thanks and welcome aboard !!!

Does it STILL look Japanese???
The only thing that speaks to this, is the patch-box. You have done a great job on this you can tell that this one will stay, in the family. ..... ;)

Be Safe !!!

BTW, what are the four screws on the patchbox? Is it a real patchbox or just a piece of brass that is being held by four screws?

I'd seriously consider removing that fake brass patchbox and replacing it with a real one. It's easy enough to drill/chisel out the wood underneath the brass for it. Be sure to leave a 1/8" or larger edge to support the patchbox.

Fun projects

I'd seriously consider removing that fake brass patchbox and replacing it with a real one.
There is always the option of converting this one, into a patch-box. A big factor, is how much stock you have to work with. The cap would just be the usual round plate. Either way, we are talking extra work that would mostly be cosmetic. I once had to replace a round cap that got broken and lost. .... :mad:

Be Safe !!!

Back