Does Hallmark have a monopoly going or something?

Bulldog

I went in to Tom Thumb a few minutes ago to get a Mother's Day card, and lo-and-behold--nothing but Hallmark! :(

I looked all over the place for something other than Hallmark, and I even thought of making my own card out of desperation, but I decided I was a little old to be making Mother's Day cards.

Forgive me, for I have sinned! :( Next time, I'll plan a little further in advance!

[This message has been edited by Bulldog (edited May 09, 1999).]

Ask for "American Greetings." I don't think they're a Hallmark subsidiary, but don't hold me to that. If anyone knows for sure, I'd appreciate the word. They make "78th Street" cards. Funny stuff, but they do remind me of Hallmark. Also, I don't know their 2nd Amendment stance but at least they're not Hallmark, right? I found 'em at Wal-mart.
Also try discount stores, they usually have cheaper cards. Some are as nice as Hallmark and I don't think they're Hallmark-owned, though who knows which company owns who without a scorecard. Good luck.

Believe it or not, I find many in my family have most appreciated the cards I make myself on Microsoft Publisher. [Now, I do hope no one is going to tell me that Bill Gates is a charter member of HCI.]

And, the neat thing is, you can pull down any graphic on the web to add to your cards. Just right click on the image and save it to your hard drive. Buy what they call #5 1/2 'Baronial' envelopes for mailing. May sound corny, but my Dad has actually framed a couple of them.

Bah humbug, on Hallmark.

Bill Gates helped personally finance the failed HCI popular vote initiative in Wash. State calling for mandatory training for all handgun purchases.

Jim March

Keep the computer, use it against them!
The internet information , will set us free....maybe...

------------------
What part of "INFRINGED" don't they understand?

I have the "Greetings Workshop" on my computer and never even thought that my "home-made cards" beared the Hallmark label. Guess I should have checked the back. For Father's Day, looks like I'm investing in some construction paper and colored pencils.

Thanks for the heads up.

------------------
"Time changes everything"

Back