Does Clint Smith shoot that Presentation Grade?

Mort

I've seen a few Les Baer ads lately that show Clint Smith holding one of those Presentation Grade 1911's (basically a Premier II with lots of engraving and an awesome charcoal blue finish). Now, in an article he wrote, there is a close-up of the pistol and I notice it has fixed sights. As far as I know, the standard Presentation Grade comes with an adjustable rear sight. So, it seems apparent that Mr. Smith shoots this $5,000 gun. If so, cool!

Does anyone have firsthand knowledge of this? What does Mr. Smith think of the pistol?

he in fact does use and carry that gun. wish i could afford that! hehe

------------------
Mik

<A HREF="http://"http://marina.fortunecity.com/harbour/347/10mm.html"" TARGET=_blank>my 10mm page</A>

Mort,

The thing I like is seeing Clint do one-hand malfunction drills on the wood barricades.

I did not see him with his Baer. But his D&L was used in one of my classes. Whern he demoed the racking using the barricade with his beautiful pistol, many in the class winced. Clint said, "I like a pretty pistol, but I really like a gun that works".

He always has a small chuckle when people who have pretty guns won't lay them down in the gravel in the ground fighting sessions. I did see him use the Baer in the grounded sessions.

He teaches fighting, and he practices what he preaches. I have learned a lot at Thunder Ranch, not all of that learning was about firearms, or fighting.

Wow. That's a pretty classy guy.

Yeah, two of the coolest looking 1911's I've ever seen are Smith's; the Baer and that D&L with those really interesting forward cocking serrations.

I guess it's instructive that neither of them looks particularly beat to hell.

Reminds me of an old fashion code women used to have...
If you were rich - and wanted to seem richer and snootier - you dragged your Mink Fur Coat along the ground...

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

George,

Not like that at all. Simply using the fur coat when it was cold instead of leaving it in storage because the woman is afraid of getting food on it in a resturaunt. It is not a snooty or ostentaious thing in my mind.

Noel

I agree, Noel. I first read about the Presentation Grade Baer in an article by Robert T. Shimek. I didn't like the article at all because the implication was that this gun was not for shooting. Guns that are not for shooting hold no interest for me. I was overjoyed to learn that Mr. Smith seems to agree.

Besides, George, I understand that you have a couple of really nice 1911's that you shoot... :)

George, Down here they drag them cause it is to hot to wear them. They just want you to know they got what it takes and they know how to use them, and they don't care who knows. That spells confidence in my book, cause they know there is more where that one came from. :) ;) Clint probably falls into that category sort of, don't you think ;)

Back