Does anyone know....?

Daren Thompson

Does anyone know were the two BG bank robbers in the Feb 98 North Hollywood shoot out got their machine guns? This has puzzled me because in my opinion if they were illeagally converted semi-auto's the press would have plastered it all over the place, but in a rare instance they seemed to focus more on the criminals themselves. Maybey the press just overlooked the option to take the illegal semi to automatic ball and run with it or did the BG's get the guns from a source that would embarrasse the anti's. (such as smugggled in from another country? maybe ?)
Later
Daren

I also would like to know how many times they were hit by 9mm/beretta gunfire by the LAPD (notorious bad shots). I called the guys at the academy and they were closed mouthed about it.

------------------
Vinny

Heard, but not confirmed, that they were chinese weapons smuggled thru Mexico.

As far as hits, if you get a chance to view the film from the shootout, play it slow, you can see multiple hits to the body armor.

What I found interesting was the fact that LAPD had to run to a local gunstore and "borrow" some heavier fire power.

What about the possibility that they were some of the automatic weapons that Bill Clinton allowed the Chinese to import?
I dont know how to check this. It could account for the absense of press on it.

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

Back