Does anyone know anything about savage model 25?

Bwillsonhunter4

I am looking at a savage model 25 walking varmiter at a local gunshot for $500 includes a good scope. Chambered in 223 I would like to know if that is a good deal or not and if anyone has expirence with these rifles.

I owned a model 25 for some time. It was very accurate. The only complaint I had about it was that the magazine only held four cartridges. Since I single-loaded it most of the time, this was not a big problem.

IMG_3681_zps06dffebb.jpg

I still have a picatinny rail for it. If you are interested in it, PM me.

That must be used, that would be an *unbelievable* price new with a good scope. The bare gun goes for minimum $500 on Bud's.

I don't know the 25 itself but Savage makes a good gun. I doubt that one is the exception.

The Bmag is the exception.:p

If I were buying a .223 it would be in a model 10 not the 25. The model 25 is just a beefed up rimfire bolt and receiver to handle small center fire cartridges. A model 10 is a true center fire receiver and capable of swapping barrels easier if you wanted or needed to. Plus you can pick up a brand new Savage M10 for $550 pretty easily with a Nikon scope.

I have one and love it. I shoot a 100 yard offhand match every week. It's accurate enough to use fmj ammo. Twist is 1 in 9". I am fine with the 55 grain bullets

Back