Does anyone have info on getting a suppressor for a NEF?

djturnz

I was thinking that Getting a sound suppressor (NFA legal of course) for a NEF handi-rifle might be cool. probably .223 but info on any caliber would be great. I have searched the web and cannot find one instance of a suppressor on a NEF. Maybe it can't be done. Or maybe no body wants to spend $600 on a $200 gun.,

There isnt any reason why it wouldnt work, and work well...the is very little mechanical noise as the action isnt moving back and forth like a semiauto.
You would have to get one of the models with the scope mount rather than the rifle sights though(the front sight would be in the way of threading 1/2x28, and you wouldnt be able to see over the suppressor anyway) so scoped or dot sight is the way to go.
Of the basic two catagories of 5.56 suppressors, one being those that thread directly onto the barrel, and the other being the "QD" quick detatchable...the non QD models that have been on the market a while will be the lowest in cost 350-500 plus 200 for uncle sam, the QD cans now in vogue 800-1000 but the handirifle threaded for 1/2x28 would ultimately be able to use either one...it might even look cool with a YHM Phantom QD adaptor/flash hider on the end even when the can isnt being used :)

Dont think of it as getting a 600.00 suppressor for a 200.00 gun..think of it as a 600.00 suppressor that will go on several different guns as you acquire others . for example Its not unusual to see TC contenders with suppressors .

Yeah, what P99 said! I am considering getting a .223 handi-rifle just so I can have a stupid-quiet platform for my .223 can. It would be very easy to have the barrel threaded to accept the can. I don't think you can go wrong with that setup...

:) One little bit about the threading though. companies like AAC will only warranty thier suppressors if the firearm was threaded during manufacture
by the company that made it or you send the barrel to them for threading.
This is because if it isnt threaded correctly, it could cause a misalignment of the attached suppressor...resulting in a bullet hitting one of the baffles inside the suppressor(not a good thing) But sending them a handirifle barrel wouldnt be much of a problem.

Back