Does anyone have experience with a Rizzini Vertex?

BRJACKET

My LGS has a Rizzini Vertex O/U 20 Ga. shotgun with a 30" barrel. It is really tempting but is not cheap. Does anyone have experience with these? What are your thoughts. The store wants $2599.00 for it.

From here:http://rizziniusa.com/products/competition-models/vertex

Looks like it went up some in one year; but B. Rizzini is next to the top of the line F. illi. Rizzini and above the other Rizzinis.

The new 2014 Vertex represents the base of target shooting. It's ideal for first-time shooters but able to satisfy even the most demanding shooters. The receiver, modernized in its aesthetic form, with light scroll engraving and silver or matte black finish. The new Vertex incorporates all the technical measures to ensure long-lasting performance for the full satisfaction of the shooter, among them, the self-regulating mechanism of the stock and the ability to adjust the trigger. Available in 12, 20 and 28 gauge, provides specific options for each of the shooting sports.

MSRP: $2,275

For under $2K, you should be able to get a base model Beretta SP-1
http://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...tguns/ber-686-silver-pgn.cfm?gun_id=100569313

Thanks for the help. I like the SP-1 a lot but in the store the Rizzini really felt good to hold. It is interesting that their mark up is so much. The tag in the store said the MSRP was $2980.00. I will point out to them the difference in the Rizzini website ($2,275.00). If I could find a SP-1 used for a good price I would be tempted to go that route but I haven't seen any. I will say the Vertex felt better to hold and was (in my opinion) a better looking gun. Unfortunately, I could shoot either for comparision.

Remember that is from a year ago web site I found, so check around to see if you can find a more up to date one from them. B. Rizzini makes good middle of the road guns, akin to the Brownings and Berettas and they seem to be priced accordingly. Not sure what the EU vs, USD is doing or inflation/labor over there is either.

Good points. I have checked the sites like Gunbroker and they seem to run around $2500.00. The SP-1 seems to run around $2,000.00 (both new prices). I haven't seen either as used. I am going to keep checking around.

Back