Does Anyone Have Cheap M1 Garand or GSG-5?

I don't know squat about GSG-5s... but an original stock alone on an M1 is worth 200-300 bucks if it's in good shape, more if it has desirable cartouche stamps

You're looking at 700-900 for an M1 in good condition from what I see at shows and at auction. I know my own is worth 900-1000, not that I'd sell it, and mine's merely very good

The CMP may be a good avenue for a good shooting M1 at a reduced price, but 300 dollars...you're 10 years too late

http://www.thecmp.org/m1garand.htm

Ryan:

If the ammo for Garands were not so expensive (i.e. similar to 7x39 prices one year ago), I would have saved to buy one from the CMP.

A friend who was on a military rifle team (recently retired) visited their warehouse and saw racks and racks of gleaming M-1s.
They are supposed to be the best M-1 value, anywhere.

GSG-5s are SUPPOSED to cost around $500, and did before the Obama-panic; hopefully they'll come back down soon.

The best price on a working, shootable Garand out there is with the CMP. They sell service-grades for $600. You have to jump through a couple hoops to acquire them though (most notably, you have to join a CMP-authorized organization - the cheapest and easiest of which is the Garand Collector's Association. Membership cost is $25), shipping costs $22 or so and they're delivered to your door (not a dealer) so you're looking at $650 in practical terms for a Garand. I've never seen anything cheaper that wasn't a junk/parts gun.

Back