Does anyone else think Kimber's customer service sux?

nobody

I called their info number, and was told to call the gunsmith. I did, no one was there. Left a message. No return call. Next day same thing. ????????????????????????
Sent 2 email messages. No reply.

[This message has been edited by nobody (edited January 12, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by nobody (edited February 05, 2000).]

There service itself is great, but don't expect to ever get through by phone - it just does not happen. E-mail them, they usually get back within 24 hours. I sent mine in for Tritium sights and throating, the turn around time was quoted as a week to a week and a half, in reality it was more like 2-3 days.

I gave it one more try a few minutes ago. I actually got to speak to a human. Unfortunately, they said I could either send the pistol to them ($50.00 UPS charge), or they could send a replacement hammer to a gunsmith of my choice. They will not send a replacement hammer to me for liability reasons. I see their point, but it does not take a genius to drop a new hammer into an M1911. Its not like they custom fit them at the factory, because if they did, they would have senn the POS hammer they put in my gun.
I will just order a new (and probably better) hammer from Chip McCormick for $23.00.
I hope I have no other trouble with this pistol. I was considering buying a Kimber Custom at a later date. Maybe not.

Heck yes - Just TRY to get a full sized kimber with out those forward slide serations!

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

I look at front slide serrations the way I look at ambidextrous safeties and night sights...they aren't absolutely necessary and I wouldn't pay extra to have them put on my pistol, but if they are there I can find a use for them and I wouldn't NOT buy a pistol just because it had them. Besides I think they look aesthetically pleasing.

Back