Does anyone carry customized Mustang as a backup or "always" gun?

oktagon

I have recently aquired a Colt Mustang (all stainless).
I am hesitant to carry it with crapy plastic guide rod, trigger and weak springs. I am thinking about having it modified by Scot McDugal and assts. Any ideas or references?

I have a pocketlight lightening +II that I had SMA work over. I really like the gun. I generally carry it in the summer when it is too hot for cover up here in GA. Either in a pocket holster or thunderwear. They are great guns...I have a hate love relationship........I carry commander size normally and the colt just feels small and I do not have the accuracy with it, but in hot weather it is great. So every summer I change my mind and like it agiain until fall winter weather comes around.

Funny thing, I also have a SM&A worked Mustang Pocketlite that's my favorite pocket pistol. Even though I own a P32 and a Guardian, I still reach for the little Mustang when I need a pocket piece. FWIW, I highly recommend SM&A for work on your Mustang, they are excellent with these little guns.

Mustangs have been kind of pricey of late, but if Colt goes through with their plans to put it back into production, then I'd be interested a (cheaper) used one. I keep breaking the first rule of gunfighting, and the Mustang with a C&S ambi safety would really help me out. Shot one that belongs to a buddy of mine, who uses it for unexpected forays, when he doesn't have time to don proper carry gear, and it is a really nice little gun. SMA would make it that much better.

I have two Gov't .380's; I like 'em

One in nickel and one in stainless. One has a SMA guide rod and one has a plastic rod. Both are dependable, since I polished the slide cut on the stainless. Big plus for SMA is that they install usable sights.

Regards.

If you let Scot work over your Mustang you will have a jewel that you will keep forever.

I have their guide rod, trigger and springs in my mustangs and they are my favorite carry guns.

I have talked to Scot a few times and he is a very decent and knowledgable fellow.

Back