Do you plan to own mostly, or only milsurps?

To me, mil surps are like old cars, while the new cars are nice, its just something about the old ones that make them more appealing to me.
Give me a hot rod!:D

I buy both but currently don't have a C&R.
I have thought about it but Buds only charges me $10 for the transfer and I am not restricted in selling them for a profit. (Never have but want to keep the option open)

Just picked up SKS at Cabelas for $179. On sale for $199 and they have a coupon for $20 off any purchase over $150.

Doug

I am not restricted in selling them for a profit. (Never have but want to keep the option open)

The C&R license doesn't restrict you from selling at a profit, only not acting as a dealer. If as you say you don't intend to sell your milsurps regularly, you can sell them at any price you want to "improve" your collection. I think the only problem would occur would be if your bound book showed numerous simultaneous acquisitions, and dispositions. I think that would be a red flag to the BATF. Otherwise, if you saw a C&R that you just had to have, and wanted to sell one you already own to buy it there would be no problem.

Wish I had more

8deafbf6.jpg

The ratio here is 3 to one for milsurps out of some 80+ rifles with all of the milsurps being Swiss rifles.

not surplus
Bushmaster AR15 (223)
I use it in competion matches ( 200,300and 600 yards )

Other non surplus firearms
S&W 6906 (9MM)
S&W 3913 (9MM) for CCW (winter )
Walther PPK (380) for CCW (summer)

It was foolish not to have acquired the C&R license. Should have done it three years ago.

Tikirocker:
Do you have any Youtube videos anything like the Enfields owned by your fellow Ozmate "Jollygreenslug"?

Back