Do you own any of these?

mango

Inactive
hi,

Original photographs needed for a military history book project. Relevant firearms listed below.

I appreciate some are likely impossible to have but if anyone has them, they'll be on this forum. Accurate replicas or deactivated weapons would be fine as long as they fairly represent the type for illustrative purposes.

Cannot offer money or free books but you might agree that it'd be cool to have your weapon in a book, with credit of course. Ideally the photos would be of it laid on a table or something like that as if you were selling it. Side profile with no hands etc, magazines in etc. Picture resolution as large as possible.

Stoner 63
Welrod silent pistol
Silenced Sten gun (Mk.VI)
Silenced Sterling SMG (Mk.V)
Carl Gustaf M45 'Swedish K'. Ideally silenced
SPP-1
APS
H&K P11

Who is working this history book project and who will publish it? Asking for provocative pictures of our loved ones is a bit sketchy, ain't it? :confused:

sorry, not sure what's provocative about the query. Anyone who has them but doesn't want to share only has to ignore the request.

Anyway, PM'd more details.

My response was tongue in cheek, but you have 4 posts on this site and you are asking for pictures of rare guns laid out on a table in a "for sale" ish way. Pictures like those could be used fraudulently (not saying you would do that, just don't know you).

"you are asking for pictures of rare guns laid out on a table in a "for sale" ish way. Pictures like those could be used fraudulently (not saying you would do that, just don't know you)."

My concerns, as well.

Mango, you need to be a little more forthcoming on what you're doing, who you're doing it for, who will publish, planned availability, etc.

I find it a little odd that you apparently don't know that getting decent pictures for printing in a publication takes a lot more effort than simply laying them out and snapping a few pictures.

But then again, I spent quite a few years in the magazine industry.

Noel is correct. Your query raises some red flags. Those particular firearms are generally rare and quite valuable, and owners are going to be naturally suspicious and cautious.

You need to rethink your approach.

Back