Do You Mossberg Shockwave Owners Use A Sling?

Joe_Pike

I have a Mossberg Shockwave but instead of the birdshead grip I have an SB Tactical SBA3 brace attached to a Mesa Tactical stock adapter on it. I am thinking about putting it back to its original configuration but would like to have a sling on it. Mine is older, so, it doesn't have a sling stud on the grip. I can add one but is there something different that's better that anyone one of you use?

While I've got a full-size 590A1, I've also got a similar-to-Shockwave Remington Tac-14.

mesa_tactical_93170_02__14096.1519192198.jpg

The MesaTactical "LEO" grip adapter for the Mossberg (& Remington, which is what I have/had) has built-in "QD" sockets. You paid a lot for that grip/brace adapter with QD sockets and I say use 'em.

I use a Magpul MS4 sling with dual QD swivels:
https://magpul.com/catalog/product/...-sling-gen-2/category/52/?mp_global_color=118

This sling allows either 1-point or 2-point attachment methods. For a 2-point, you'd have to figure out how & where to attach the forward QD sling end on a Shockwave. I prefer using a mag tube end cap with a sling-mount and not the pump/foregrip.

More than likely going to sell the brace and adapter, but still looking to have a sling for it. Just looking for the best way to do it.

Installing a sling stud would be your easiest route.

Do you have a light or anything like that on your shockwave? That can make a difference on how you mount a sling. You wouldn't wan the sling blocking your light.

Back