Do you like H&K 40cal. compact !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickster

Tell me about your feelings on this beautiful gun. Just bought a stainless 40cal. Compact brand new in box for 589.00. This gun feels so good in my hand, can`t wait to shoot it.

Don't know about the compact 40, but my brand new full size HK 9 is a dream. Its got tons less recoil than my friends 92FS. He's a little envious. Have fun.

I have one and like it very much. I have small hands, and it fits me better than most pistols. It's accurate, and considerably more rust resistant than my Sig's.

------------------
Regards - AZFred

This is a great gun. I've had mine for a little over a year and have put nearly 3000 rounds thru it including about 600 rounds of reloads. It is accurate, shoots right to point of aim, reliable, a few malfunctions early on but for the past 2000 rounds has been flawless. It digests anything including lead(even though you're not supposed to).

------------------

Fred,

I had a USP40F that was not particularly accurate. It was no where near as ergonomic or accurate as my Sigs. As far as corrosion protectiion, the P226(.357 Sig & .40 S&W), P229, P239, and sig pro come with a machined stainless slide with a proprietary finish called Nitron. These should be corrosion free. The USP was a well made gun and never malfunctioned, but it didn't fit me. Like they say, "Different strokes for different folks."

I hated the feel of the grips while shooting, and I don't think I could come to terms with the mag release.

Seems like a very well made pistol and is reliable. Hope you enjoy it!

I've had my .40 compact now since January and I love it. Haven't had a single problem with it, after 1300 rounds. I really love the grips and mag release too. The mag release, at least for me, is quicker and more convinient to activate with my second finger (the bad finger)on my strong hand. I would suggest experimenting with different ways of releasing, it's positioned perfectly for this.

My 40C is REALLY accurate, and has NEVER malfunctioned in ~1500 rds (even my P229 coughed a couple times in the first hundred rounds). The sights were dead-on right out of the box. It does everything it's supposed to do. My only problem with it is that it doesn't seem to point naturally for me. The full-size might be better, but that is pretty enormous. Maybe I just need to practice more. Enguneer

DEC,

You wrote <<Fred,
I had a USP40F that was not particularly accurate. It was no where near as ergonomic or accurate as my Sigs. As far as corrosion protectiion, the P226(.357 Sig & .40 S&W), P229, P239, and sig pro come with a machined stainless slide with a proprietary finish called Nitron. These should be corrosion free. The USP was a well made gun and never malfunctioned, but it didn't fit me. Like they say, "Different strokes for different folks." >>

I agree with the "different strokes". Thanks for the info about the Sig stainless slides. When I bought my Sig's, I ordered the conventional blued (I guess really black) finish because I really liked the way they looked. Had I known how easily they developed rust, I probably would have opted for stainless. As far as accuracy, my HK is accurate, but truth be told, my Sig P229 is one of the most accurate pistols with almost any load that I have ever seen. As far as ergonomics go, I have small hands and, out of the box, the HK Compact fit me like a glove. For the Sigs I had to install their short trigger, which helped a bunch, but the HK still fit me better. Like you said - "different strokes". Take care.

------------------
Regards - AZFred

I have a USP40 fullsize and for a period of time during the first week or so after purchasing it, I was not seeing the degree of accuracy that I desired. This was not a fault of the handgun but due to me having uncontrollable orgasms each time I fired the weapon. My accuracy is great now -- impeccable. I've learned that if I think about my old Glock 22, it helps to sustain such high degrees of pleasure.

I bought my girlfriend a matching pair of stainless steel USP9c's and she's given accounts of multiple orgasms.

If I could prevent the resulting blackouts, I'd buy another one for myself.

Don't compromise . . . get an HK.

Headin to a cold shower,
John Coleman

To JColeman:
Nice Reply! I wanted to let you know that I also had multiple orgasms when I dumped a load through my USP .45FS & (.40)229 the last time I took my babes to the range. It felt like an orgy.

I hate for this to be my first post but here it goes, I owned a HK usp com.40, lets just say this I traded it for a Glock 23 after my first time at the range with it. I had two malfunctions in 400 rds. one was a stove pipe and the other was a FTF both with new factory ammo the stove pipe was with cor-Bon 135gr and the FTF was with Speer gold dot 155gr. I also should note the it was not as accurate as I thought it would be. I would much rather have a Glock 22,23,or 27. thats just mw $.02

------------------
G17 THE BEST THERE IS.THE BEST THERE WAS,THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE!

GLOCKLOVER,
I am truely sorry but you are wrong. It has been proven that that HK's are superior to glocks. This has been proven by an MSNBC poll, AND the ALL the experts agree. There really is no point in a discusion.

then explain the problems I had. IMHO usp's are just another wanna be copy of a Glock, I'll give HK credit on some of there guns but not this one. I should also note that I have fired close to 50,000 rds in my G17 with out a single problem lets see a USP do that. Also the glocks trigger is far better than the HK's single/double

------------------

GLOCKLOVER, I was only kidding...welcome to TFL by the way. The issue of who makes the best handgun has pretty much been beaten to death here. I guess it has been decided it's purely a matter of opinion. I'm sure Glock makes a good gun, I just personaly don't care for them. As far as the USP being a copy of a Glock, I really can't see any similarities what so ever. How much wear does your G17 show after 50K rds.? I hope I can get the same performance from my beloved USP 45 fs s/s.

It does not show any signs of wear except for the top of the slide and that is from reholtering it 5 times a day for 5 years but besides that everything is fine. I also should note that I changed the recoil springs every 200 rds. And have also installed a Wolf stainless guide rod with a #17 spring. Besides that and a 3.5 connector every thing is stock the way I got it. And it not that I dislike all usp's it'as just the compact .40 I had problems with, I would much rather have a USP .45 full size than a G21 but I would prefer a G30 over a USP .45 compact. I would take my G17 over ANY 9mm out there but that is just me

------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back