Do you have a few handgun's that covers most of your needs

mrt949

We all have different type of handguns .
When I shoot silhouette XP 100 or contender or Freedom arms.
Hunting Freedom arms
Plinking Freedom arms Ruger SP101
Home protection SIG 365.Ruger SP101
Every day carry Sig 365 or Ruger SP101

IDPA - Para-Ordnance P13.45
Hunting - N/A
Plinking - Para-Ordnance P13.45
Home Protection - Para-Ordnance P13.45
Carry - Para-Ordnance P13.45

I own a few other pistols (a couple of .22LR 1911s) and a couple of revolvers, but the P13 fills all the applications. If I were limited to one handgun, that one would do everything very nicely.

Do you have a few handgun's that covers most of your needs

Yes.

:D

Though I have sold a number of them in recent years, so I'm down to somewhere over a couple dozen, in calibers ranging from .22LR to .45-70. :D

EDC- Shield40
Sidearm- M&P9C
Woods/Hunting .45 Convertible Blackhawk
Pocket carry- LCP

Both EDC and sidearm have backups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like Mkss70, I’m also needy and have an appropriate number of tools and the required “fuel” for each of those.

In paring down my collection-
A fella needs at least one .22 so I have a Bearcat and a custom target pistol for League when the COVID is under control.
A fella needs something for deer hunting, so I have a customized Blackhawk in .44 Magnum.
A fella needs something to drop in his pocket that’s light and handy for bumming in the woods, fishing and trails- lcrx 3” .38 for me. There are some nice old Smiths in the 3 and 4 inch barrel lengths which may be prettier but also more worry some when one falls in a creek with it in your pocket. I am not the most graceful creature sometimes.
A fella needs a Bersa Thunder .380 because... well, aside from it throwing your brass in to the weeds, it’s a fine field pistol too. And just in case.
A fella needs a .357 Magnum of some kind so I have a Single Six in .32 H&R magnum because it’s just a way of telling everyone that sees you are an elite old coot that is just fine with a tack driving little revolver that kicks hardly a lot but can still take a deer in the gravest of need.

I’m ready to whittle down a little bit, pheasant hunting has captured my complete interest this autumn and the dog is now spectacularly good.

Lc9s for carry, GP100 for SD and range, CZ75B SA for SD and range, and S&W model 57-41mag 6”and 4” just in case things get serious. I also have Henry BBS’s in .357 and .41, and a Justright Carbine in 9mm just because I like rifles in matching pistol calibers.

For me, handguns are predominantly self/home defense weapons. My Taurus Judge is on my nightstand for emergency use when I might not be as accurate. For similar purposes, I keep other handguns around the house - in .32, .38, .357, and 9mm calibers. I suppose I could use the Judge or the Python for hunting if it became absolutely necessary (or if I somehow get inadvertently stuck in a Walking Dead episode), but I've got long guns for that purpose.

So yes, my few handguns cover most of my needs.

Carry:
attachment.php

Classy:
attachment.php

Competition:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Everything Else:
attachment.php

I think we're all blurring the lines of "needs" and "wants" a bit. I'm certainly not telling you what you "need", but...

What do I "need"? Like the absolute bare bones "need"? I guess all I need is a gun that I can carry with me and use for defense in various situations including home, on the road, in the woods, etc. Any sort of mid-size 9mm would be just what I "need." And if I lived in dangerous animal country, maybe a Glock 29 would be everything I "need."

But what is the absolute minimum that I "want" because they're ideally suited for the task?
- A 22LR for plinking
- A small 9mm for CCW
- A less-small 9mm for the bedstand
- A 357/44 revolver for the woods

That's my answer for the absolute bare bones of what I need and what I want.

Yes, I have 3, a small .22, a .38, and a 9mm that cover my CCW needs.

The rest of them, 40+, cover my WANTS.

And I have many, many wants.

No complaints and no needs for weapons or ammo. If it ever hits the fan, there will be plenty of guns and ammo to pick up.

A bunch. But if I could only have ONE, pretty sure my Dad's old .22 LR Ruger pistol would work for everything, CCW, plinking, small game / trail / fishing. Shot placement is everything. ;)

Back