Do you have a DMR?

I build a 6mm arc, 20in heavy barrel aero/bcm, 6-24x50 arken scope, 10lb empty.. Struggling with accuracy issues and belted brass.

Last edited:
Nobody is going to designate me for anything, so DMR (designated markman rifle) has no meaning to me. A more accurate AR? Certainly.

My best shooting AR-15 is indeed in 6mm ARC. Better than 1.3moa 10-shot cold bore at 150yd. It has a 20" EB Shawn barrel. I used to have "Grendel belt" issue. Fixed that by sending the sizing die back to Hornady to hone the mouth diameter slightly bigger. It is an unintended consequence of the small-base die frenzy.

I thought my ar-10 in .243 win would do better. So far it is hovering between 1.5moa to 2 moa. Have been buying parts for an 24" 7mm SAUM assembly. Maybe that will do it.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
DMR

I've got a couple of rifles intended for that role but like Tango I'll never be designated to employ them. One rifle was designed and produced for the purpose, the other by adding a scout scope. Both are in full power .30 cal cartridges. Both are long heavy rifles. Both allow me to hit plates and gongs farther and easier than I could with their service sights, especially now with older eyes.

I could hunt with them, and have a wee bit just to say I've done so, but I've got far lighter and more practical firearms for that.

Back