Do we repeal the Second Amendment?

El Jefe

The history channel is running a poll on whether or not we need to repeal the 2nd amendment, Make sure you register your vote and then view the other commentaries. We are way out ahead however you really need to see the responses and posts... http://www.historychannel.com/

...“ They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” --Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.
..."The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." --Thomas Jefferson
... "The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are constitutional rights secure." Albert Einstein

... "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."Ronald Reagan
Take care and God Bless, El Jefe

[This message has been edited by El Jefe (edited September 07, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by El Jefe (edited September 08, 1999).]

Glad to see more than 90% taking this poll still favor the 2nd.

Part of me thinks the Supreme Court will push the pendulum back a bit when they see U.S. v. Emerson. If so, we might then experience an actual push the repeal the RKBA. OTOH, the anti-self defense movement is having signficant success right now in simply tearing it limb from limb. I suppose as long as that continues to work, they'll probably be satisfied with such a course.

As I recall, Einstein was also quoted with some unfortunate remarks that were anti-RKBA. How he expected citizens to defend the Constitution without firearms escapes me. I suppose it's all 'relative'. ;)

Regards from AZ

Repeal the 2nd?? You and what army?

The 2nd (nor any part of the Bill of Rights) can not be repealed as that invalidates the contractual basis of the whole Constitution. Period.

No intact Bill of Rights....no Constitution...its that simple. No one has the stones to blatently open that can of worms. We tolerate weaseling and fudging...but a blatant repeal of any of the B of R will lead to immediate anarchy

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

It will happen. Witness the slow erosion of our rights with respect to what firearms we may have. First it was the full auto weapons, which were banned in 1934 except for people with a special class three license. That was not enough, so in 1986 (I think) another law governing full auto weapons was passed. Then the "assault rifle" ban. And recently, the California fiasco, which will eventually sweep across the country. No need to repeal the Second Amendment, if there are no guns that are legal for the shepple to own.

shotgun is right. No need to repeal if you are taking it away bit by bit. they effectively repealed it a long time ago, when they made the first infringement upon that right...

Why repeal it? How about taxing ammo heavily? the constitution says nothing of ammo? so that isn't repealing, right? get the point? It's slipping from our fingers every day.

Back