Do they make these revolvers?

Nightcrawler

A double action in .45 Long Colt?

A double action that has the distinctive look of a single action?

A revolver (chambered in .38 special and higher) that holds more than 7 rounds? I've heard of 8-shot .38s I think...

Yes - sorta - Ruger Redhawk and Taurus Raging Bull in .454 Casull - both will handle .45LC

I don't know.

Yes, one that comes to mind is a Taurus (608??) in .357.

Taurus makes a DA snub-nose for .45 Colt in stainless, ultralight and TT. I picked up the stainless version for my CCW weapon. It's a fine revolver. Taurus' recent engineering improvements seem to have paid off.

The Colt Anaconda came in .45LC for a while.

There have been some .22LR DA wheelguns that "look like" an SA and in most cases, load like them via a gate.

Both Taurus and Smith&Worthless have made 8-shot .357s.

Jim

DA revolver in .45 Colt:

S&W 25-5 - looks like a big 44 Mag but in .45 Colt.
S&W mountain gun in .45 Colt

Ruger Redhawk in .45 Colt

Colt Anaconda in 45 Colt

Taurus .45 Colt snubbies

8 shot 357:

S&W 627 PC
S&W 27 PC

Taurus 608

Nightcrawler-Ruger, Smith & Wesson, Taurus and, I believe, Dan Wesson all make DA revolvers in .45 LC. The only DA revo I can recall that LOOKED LIKE a SA was an old Hi-Standard .22-the "Double Nine" or somthing like that...as far as seven-or-eight shot revos, there are a FEW choices...S & W makes the Model 686 Plus-seven holes-and the Model 27 and 627 PC-eight shots. Taurus builds several seven-shot revos and one eight-shooter that I'm aware of...the Model 608. Hope this is a help....mikey357

Slime&Weasals' custom shop (Performance Center) makes a 6" barrel 625 hunter in .45 Colt. They have also fitted .45 colt cylinders to standard 5" barrel model 625's that were originally fitted with .45 ACP/AR cylinders.

-ric

Back