do I meet the requirements???

greyhnd33

Hi all,
I have a Ruger P95 9mm, & Ruger P89 9mm. What types of matches if any do my guns quallify for. Also how many mags would I need to compete?
Thanks

IPSC and action pistol (bianchi cup)come to mind. Both your looking at about 8 mags and plenty of ammo. I think what you have now is a great start to get you into the shoots which are so much fun, once you start, you'll be hooked. We have at least one guy up here that shoots 9mm and kicks but. I'm a 1911 guy and you will see alot of .45's out there. but it all comes down to what you shoot the best. If you can get lots of practice at different distances and double tapping your targets. Make sure you have a good hoster and belt too!!. I use a Helwig wich is good enough for me. One more thing, work on your draw. drawing your firearm, while aiming and dropping the safety fast and safely takes practice too. You should go to a match and watch one before you shoot in one, talk to the other shooters and they will help you, some might even share drills you can use to make you a better shooter. I always shoot to for fun and never worry about scores, but it does make it a little sweeter to get a good score. Maybe someday as you get more guns we'll see you at a 3 gun shoot ;)

You would be fine in IDPA, shooting in Stock Service Pistol. You only need three magazines; plus holster, carrier(s) for two mags, eye and ear protection, and a "concealment garment". Plus some dryfire practice drawing from under said "concealment garment" so you don't get tangled up with a loaded gun at the match.

"What is a 3 gun shoot?????" same idea as IPSC but you use 3 guns. Pistol, Shotgun, and rifle. All timed and moving:

From Douglas Ridge.
"A contest of who can shoot a handgun, rifle and shotgun the best in the shortest period of time. Targets of paper or reactionary steel from ten meters for a handgun to 200 meters for a rifle. Shotgun some place in between fixed and moving targets. The contestant with the lowest time at the end of the day wins. " :cool:

Back