do I have to register in CA if dedicated .22lr upper + standard BM lower

vince weng

if I top a rimfired AR upper (dedicated .22lr not conversion kit) on a standard BM lower, is that config legal to own based on CA gun law?

vince

That's what I'm planing to do once Victor Arms starts manufacturing. There are 2 things I'm concerned about. One is that the lower can accept a centerfire upper. Fix: weld a bead on the front take down pin so it's too big to be pushed through the hole(only if necessary).
The second is that the caliber is printed on the side of lower reciever. That's why I'm going to use my Dalphon lower, since it says "multicaliber" instead.
As far as the law is concerned, I'm not sure, but I'll take the above steps to protect myself, especially shooting at the ranges next year when my AR goes into hibernation.

Nice, but $800 is out of my price range for a 22. The Victor arms model is retailing for $380 w/o lower. If they don't sell complete guns, I'll have to have a manufacturer build a rimfire lower(stamp and registered as such).

My concern would be if the AG decided to apply a "constructive possession" rule after Decenber 31st and you didn't register the weapon and you also have an unattatched centerfire upper in you safe. The ATF uses a constructive possession rule with regards to lower recievers and sears. Maybe I concerned about nothing. But who knows? The AG has stated that Mini-14's are legal but if you read the text of the law he's plainly wrong.

I feel sorry for you guys in CA. That law is crap.

We are next though in the rest of the U.S.S.A.

Write your congressmen

Orso

Move to Washington state!

------------------
"Guns don't kill people the government does", Rusty Shackleford.

watch out for the next assault rifle ban wherein the AR 15 is refered as a series and all ARs are banned

:(
dZ

Sorry, but IMHO, this law is immoral and unlawful, AND SHOULD BE DISOBEYED. I would keep my AR in a defense-ready condition and keep it in my home behind my 4th/5th amendment firewalls, which for the moment are still intact.

Back